The North Avenue U-turn slot before MRT North Avenue Station will be the first U-turn slot to be closed along EDSA, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) spokesperson Assistant Secretary Celine Pialago said on Monday (September 21).
“It will be closed on September 28. This U-turn slot is right next to our North Avenue Bus Stop,” she said.
The spokesperson said affected vehicles may take the Quezon City Academy U-turn slot.
According to Pialago, the closures of U-turn slots will be done gradually as MMDA personnel are set to install concrete barriers for the new bus lane.
Twelve other U-turn slots will be closed soon by the agency as it aims to make the travel time of buses faster.
“Our goal here is to make the travel time of commuters faster. The closures will be gradual and will be announced ahead of time,” the MMDA spokesperson said.
“We want the public to be well-informed about this. Many commuters will benefit from this once we close all the 13 U-turn slots,” she continued.
MMDA said they will also put up signages along EDSA to inform motorists about the closures.
“On the signages, we will also put the alternate route that they may take,” Pialago said.
The other U-turn slots that will be closed are the following:
· General Tinio U-turn slot
· De Jesus Street/ 8th Street left turning
· General Malvar U-turn slot
· Balintawak Market U-turn slot in front of BPI
· Kaingin Road U-turn slot in front of Nissan
· Congressional LRT Station U-turn slot in front of PANORAMA
· Corregidor intersection/Bansalangin U-turn slot
· U-turn slot in front of Quezon City Academy
· Santolan/Boni Serrano U-turn slot in front of Camp Crame
· Buendia U-turn slot under the Kalayaan Flyover
· P. Celle U-turn slot
· U-turn slot before Roxas Boulevard near Heritage Hotel