The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (Philhealth) has vowed that it will continue to cooperate with the ongoing investigations as President Duterte approved the filing of charges against some of its officials over alleged irregularities in the agency.
“The whole of PhilHealth will continue to cooperate with the subsequent investigations to be conducted by the Task Force’s composite teams as well as by the other authorized agencies for the sake of truth and transparency,” the state-health insurer said on Tuesday, September 15.
On Monday night, Duterte announced that he is approving the recommendation of the Department of Justice (DOJ)-led investigating task force to file criminal and administrative charges against some PhilHealth officials.
The DOJ has recommended charges against former PhilHealth President Ricardo Morales, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer Jovita Aragona, Acting Senior Manager, Information Technology and Management Department Calixto Gabuya, Jr.; Senior Vice President for Fund Management Sector Renato Limsiaco Jr.; Senior Vice President on Health Finance Policy Sector Israel Pargas; Chief Operating Officer Arnel De Jesus, among others.
“PhilHealth shall await its official copy of the Task Force PhilHealth Report which the Department of Justice has just submitted to President Rodrigo Duterte,” the agency said.
The state-health insurer said that it will “fully submit to the good judgement of and to whatever instructions that the President will issue based on the findings and recommendations therein.”
“As always it is reiterating its unwavering commitment to truth and justice. May the said report, which is also based on the recent Congressional hearings, guide the proper authorities in pursuing those who had been culpable of wrongdoing and exonerate those that are innocent,” it added.