A hotel marketing group wants your help to restart demand for Philippine tourism
We all want to travel very badly. We don’t know how soon—but we know it has to be very soon. Other countries have already restarted tourism, and we can only look of people on holidays with longing.
Our domestic tourism needs a major jumpstart too. The industry is the hardest hit—and more than 13 million Filipinos who are employed in the tourism sector have been struggling.
Here’s our chance to help out our fellow Pinoys and at the same time have fun: A local association of marketers are holding a major event aimed at restarting the hospitality industry in an event they call S.O.S—the September Online Sale.
Organized by the Hotel Sales and Marketing Association (HSMA) Philippines, with the support of the Tourism Promotions Board (TPB), S.O.S. is a two-week online sale of 89 hotel accommodations and other offerings across the country, to be held from Sept.15 to 30. And the best part is: These vouchers are valid up to September 2021.
Through HSMA’s website, www.hsma.org.ph, travelers can find exclusive discounts of up to 70 percent off on regular rates of hotels in each of the featured destinations.
“Some of the promos are valid for up to a year—and even more—while the others even have no expiration on their validity,” says Pearl Maclang, spokesperson for HSMA.
And speaking of Covid-19, HSMA chair Margarita Munsayac assures S.O.S. buyers that all properties featured in the event have passed stringent health and hygiene safety protocols, all of which are also being communicated through their respective social media and digital platforms.
“Most hotels and resorts are ready with all health, safety, sanitation protocols, and are well-prepared to welcome guests again,” Munsayac says. “Months of quarantine have enabled these properties to plan carefully and in detail all these protocols, as prescribed by the government, to ensure the safety of guests as well as employees.”
HSMA president Christine Ibarreta stressed that this initiative offers hope for millions of hospitality employees and workers. “We have no illusions that life will be the same—if and when restrictions are lifted. But the public’s patronage and advanced bookings from the sale gives us hope that things will get better. It will also enable us to plan ahead in terms of manpower and other operational requirements so that we will be able to hit the ground running when the pandemic scare is over,” shares Ibarreta.
Are you ready to book?
S.O.S. offers options from 89 hotels and resorts all over the country, across eight key destinations: Manila, Pasay, Makati/Bonifacio Global City, the Ortigas Business Center, Quezon City, Northern Luzon, Southern Luzon, Boracay, Visayas, and Palawan/Mindanao.
Among the featured destinations and hotels during the two-week sale are:
- Huge discounts on deluxe rooms (with breakfast or spa deals) at the Belmont Hotel;
- Buy one/take one massage offers at The Crimson Resort and Spa;
- Buy Now, Travel Later with P6,000 resort credit promo at Discovery Shores;
- Three days/two nights packages at the Paradise Garden Resort and Convention Center, and at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa; and
- A free night at The Lind, for a minimum paid two-night stay
- For families, Bluewater Resorts in Maribago, Panglao, and Sumilon offer up to 60 percent off on their deluxe room rates (with breakfast) for a three-day, two-night stay
- The Bellevue Resort Bohol has promos for an overnight, two-night, or three-night stay, which include a 10 percent discount on boat rentals.
- Crimson Resort and Spa Mactan has extended its Forever Summer room rates at a 40 percent spa services discount at its AUM SPA
- In Cebu City, locals can avail of Marco Polo Plaza Cebu’s Staycation Spree deal for two or three nights.
- Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa will also be offering their own two-night staycation package
- Savoy Hotel Mactan has a welcome back promo for an overnight stay.
- Radisson Blu Cebu offers an Intimate Garden Wedding package for 20 persons, which includes an overnight stay for the couple.
- Richmonde Hotel Iloilo is welcoming back its guests with both dining and overnight stay discounts.
- Club Paradise Palawan: Break Free vouchers for three-day, two-night stays, inclusive of P6,000 resort credits for use in restaurants, spa, gift shop, and select island tours
- Miniloc Island Resort (El Nido Resorts): Deals on four-day, three-night stays, with daily full-board meals
- Seda Lio: Overnight stay for two, with P4,000 worth of food and beverage credits
- Best Western The Ivywall: Overnight and three-day, two-night stay deals with discounts on local cocktails
- Overnight stay with half-board meals at Aziza Paradise Hotel.
- Dusit Thani Lubi Plantation Resort offers discounted room rates for its Day Experience package inclusive of set lunch; and wedding packages for 25, 50, or 100 persons with P30,000-50,000 discount
- Dusit Thani D2 Davao will offer meeting room packages on a per-person rate, inclusive of special discount promos for room, food & beverage, and wedding banquets
North of Metro Manila
- In Baguio City, there are huge discounts on accommodations and degustation menu for two persons at Grand Sierra Pines Hotel;
- Costa Pacifica in Baler, Aurora offers special discounts on wedding package for 30 persons, as well as Buy Now, Stay Later vouchers;
- Discounted weekend packages on rooms at Aureo La Union and jacuzzi villas at Vitalis Villas;
- 55 percent off on room rates at Las Casas de Filipinas de Acuzar in Bataan inclusive of a heritage walking tour.
- Discounted room prices at Quest Plus Conference Center Clark in Pampanga
South of Metro Manila
- Acacia Hotel Manila offers special rates for banquet and meeting functions for a minimum of 30 persons.
- Extended Forever Summer hotel room rates and special banquet packages at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City
- Assorted room vouchers at The Bellevue Manila
- The Twin Lakes Hotel in Tagaytay City offers room discounts for two, while Quest Hotel also has its own version of a Forever Summer package
- Seda Nuvali has an overnight accommodation promo for two
- Overnight Deluxe Room vouchers at The Bayleaf Cavite.
Participating Metro Manila properties offering heavily discounted overnight and staycation packages include:
Bayview Park Hotel Manila, Belmont Hotel Manila, Conrad Manila, Diamond Hotel Manila, Golden Phoenix Manila, Hilton Manila, Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City, Hotel 101 – Manila, Jen Manila by Shangri-La, Kabayan Hotel, Midas Hotel and Casino, Savoy Hotel Manila, Sofitel Philippine Plaza, The Bayleaf Intramuros, The Heritage Hotel Manila, and Winford Manila Resorts and Casino
Makati, Bonifacio Global City
Discovery Primea, Dusit Thani Manila, Grand Hyatt Manila, Holiday Inn and Suites Makati, Hotel Celeste, Makati Shangri-La Manila, New World Makati Hotel, Oxford Suites Makati, Seda BGC, Seda Residences Makati, Shangri-La at The Fort, and Valero Grand Suites by Swiss-Belhotel
Ortigas and Quezon City:
Ace Hotel and Suites, Astoria Plaza, BSA Twin Towers Hotel, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, Discovery Suites, Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, Edsa Shangri-La Manila, Joy Nostalg Hotel and Suites Manila, Luxent Hotel, Marco Polo Ortigas Manila, Microtel by Wyndham – UP Technohub, Park Inn by Radisson North Edsa, Richmonde Hotel Ortigas, Seda Vertis North, and The Linden Suites.
Book your ultimate vacation now! For a full list of participating hotels and resorts and their offers, visit www.hsma.org.ph.
HSMA’s September Online Sale will run from Sept. 15 to 30, 2020. The vouchers are valid from Oct. 1, 2020 through Sept. 30, 2021.
HSMA’s SOS is presented in partnership with the Tourism Promotions Board (TPB) and Atlantis, with special thanks to Isentia.