Health workers among new cases of COVID-19 in Cabanatuan

Published September 11, 2020, 5:59 PM

by Philippine News Agency

CABANATUAN CITY, Nueva Ecija (PNA) – Five more residents, including two healthcare workers, tested positive of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), raising the number of confirmed cases here to 186, as of Thursday.

A report from the City Information and Tourism Office (CITO) said the 38-year-old female healthcare worker from Barangay Quezon District here had no travel history, but regularly reported to her work at a hospital.

She developed colds and fever, and was confirmed positive for coronavirus in a swab test on September 8.

Another infected healthcare worker was a 30-year-old male from Barangay Aduas Norte, who also had colds and cough.

Both of them are presently admitted in a quarantine facility.

The other new COVID-19 cases in this city were a 28-year-old unemployed male from Barangay Dimasalang, an 18-year-old male from Barangay Bangad, and a 27-year-old male employee from Barangay Barrera, who recently traveled to Manila.

Of the total number of cases recorded, the CITO said 154 have recovered, 26 were on active status, and six have died.

The city government has enjoined the public to continue practicing the minimum health standards against the dreaded disease.

Last week, the city government started a massive rapid anti-body testing in its 89 villages as a pro-active measure against Covid-19.

Called Expanded Targeted Testing, the program was implemented upon the directive of Mayor Myca Elizabeth Vergara, to select “high risk and vulnerable” members of each family in the city who were identified through a community-based monitoring system. 

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["luzon","news","provincial","news"]
[2422191,3001401,3001373,3001379,3001366,3001363,3001349]