COVID-19 cases at the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) have reached 141.
The PCOO has 46 active COVID-19 cases as of Sept. 4 as more employees have been tested.
Ninety-two employees have recovered while three have died.
Communications Assistant Secretary JV Arcena said the PCOO recorded the following cases as of Aug. 22, 9 p.m.:
• PCOO Proper: 16 active, 28 recovered, one death.
• PTV-4: 16 active, two recovered, one death.
• APO Production Unit: Five active, five recovered, one death.
• Bureau of Broadcast Service (BBS): One active, three recovered.
• National Printing Office (NPO): Five active, 28 recovered.
• Philippine Information Agency (PIA): Seven recovered.
• Radio Television Malacañang (RTVM): 11 recovered
• News and Information Bureau (NIB): Two active, eight recovered.
• Bureau of Communication Services (BCS): One active.
IBC-13 is the only PCOO-attached agency with no COVID-19 cases.
The growing number of recoveries prompted the return of PCOO’s COVID-19 program “Public Briefing: Laging Handa PH” on-air on PTV-4 late last month after being off the air for three weeks to give way to their headquarters’ “total disinfection.”
Communications Secretary Martin Andanar has assured the public that the PCOO continues to take proactive measures to address the situation and that they immediately conducted another batch of testing and contact tracing of the primary and secondary contacts of those newly infected staff.
He added that its COVID-19 Response Team, composed of COVID-19 Warriors from every office within PCOO, continues to coordinate all of the office’s efforts on contact tracing, testing, monitoring, and isolation and quarantine.
The former journo assured the public that the PCOO will continue providing its services despite the increase in the number of cases.
“Rest assured that the delivery of essential and timely information to the Filipino public will continue despite the unfortunate circumstance we are facing,” he said.