JJASGH OB-Gyne department reopens

Published August 26, 2020, 10:08 AM

by Gabriela Baron

The Justice Jose Abad Santos General Hospital (JJASGH) has reopened its OB-Gynecology department to the public on Monday after more than two weeks of closure.

It was temporarily closed on August 8 after its occupancy rate reached 233 percent or more than double its capacity.

In its previously-issued advisory, the JJASGH management said their recovery room held at least 31 patients, despite only having an eight-bed capacity.

Only one operating room was available for patients who require surgery for cesarean deliveries because the other room is reserved for coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) patients.

Obstetrics doctors who were not supposed to go on duty were recalled to help the duty team, the management had earlier said.

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso allowed the hospital to temporarily close to help decongest the hospital, maintain the physical distancing of patients, and allow hospital staff some breathing room or time out.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2355175,2874518,2874514,2874489,2874486,2874482,2874453]