No deaths recorded among OFWs abroad due to COVID Saturday

Published August 22, 2020, 5:02 PM

by Betheena Kae Unite

No new fatalities were reported among Filipinos abroad due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Saturday, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.

Confirmed cases of the disease among migrant Filipinos grew to 9,983 with eight new cases on Aug. 22.

There was also a spike in the number of nationals who have recovered from the disease, with 58 new recoveries, bringing the total recoveries among overseas Filipinos to 5,927.

The death toll remains at 733.

According to the Foreign Affairs department, all of the new recoveries were reported in Europe while the new confirmed cases were recorded in Asia and the Pacific and Europe.

The new data brings the total active COVID-19 cases among Filipinos abroad to 3,323.

“Compared to last week’s percentages, the total number of Filipinos who have recovered from COVID-19 increased slightly to 59.37 percent of the total confirmed cases, while those who are under treatment saw a slight decrease to 33.62 percent,” the DFA said.

“Meanwhile, the percentage of fatalities among COVID-19-affected Filipinos abroad remains at seven percent,” it added.

Most of the cases among Filipinos abroad were reported in countries in the Middle East with 6,927 but 4,125 of them have recovered. It is also the region with highest deaths among Filipino patients with 452.

Europe has 1,158 total confirmed cases with 618 recoveries and 95 deaths. The Asia and Pacific region, on the other hand, has 1,106 confirmed cases with 730 recoveries, and eight deaths.

The Americas has 792 cases with 454 recoveries and 178 deaths.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2352431,2874489,2874486,2874482,2874453,2874428,2874404]