And the country needs your help!
The 27th World Travel Awards, known as the Oscars of Travel, will not let the economic slump get in the way of recognizing the best players in all key sectors of the global tourism industry. Just recently, the prestigious award-giving body has released the roster of 2020 nominees under different categories.
The Philippines has scored five major nominations, with hopes to win Asia’s Leading Beach Destination, and retain last year’s Asia’s Leading Tourism Board for the Department of Tourism and Asia’s Dive Destination awards. The Walled City of Intramuros is also nominated as Asia’s Leading Tourist Attraction while Cebu is nominated Asia’s Leading Wedding Destination.
Meanwhile, tension brews in the country’s hospitality industry as nine of our hotels get a shot at garnering the hallmark of excellence through their respective categories. The nominees are:
- Abaca Boutique Resort in Cebu as Asia’s Leading Boutique Beach Resort and Asia’s Leading Boutique Resort
- Discovery Primea Philippines as Asia’s Leading Business Hotel
- City of Dreams Manila as Asia’s Leading Casino Resort
- City of Dreams Manila as Asia’s Leading Fully Integrated Resort
- Luxury Island Resort Amanpulo in Palawan as Asia’s Leading Family Villa Resort
- Luxury Island Resort Amanpulo in Palawan as Asia’s Leading Private Island Resort
- Raffles Makati Residences as Asia’s Leading Hotel Residences
- The Farm at San Benito in Batangas as Asia’s Leading Retreat
- Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila as Asia’s Leading Serviced Apartments
The World Travel Awards is known to be the most prestigious and comprehensive program in the global industry. It undergoes a rigorous selection for the best of the best by hosting worldwide galas before giving regional winners the chance to compete head to head in their corresponding categories. WTA then proceeds with a voting process that lies in the hands of tourism professionals, players, consumers, and readers like us. These awards can also be our gateway toward tourism recovery when leisure travel reopens. Do your part by registering and casting your votes on worldtravelawards.com/vote until Sept. 24.