PCOO has 10 workers with COVID-19, 2 deaths

Published July 24, 2020, 9:07 PM

by Genalyn Kabiling

The Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) has so far recorded 10 coronavirus cases, including two deaths, according to Secretary Martin Andanar.

Sec. Martin Andanar

Andanar has disclosed that there are eight active coronavirus cases or patients reported at the main PCOO office and its attached agencies as of July 24.

The coronavirus infection has prompted the work suspension of PCOO from July 21 to July 26 to pave the way for testing of close contacts of the patients as well as disinfection of its office at the New Executive Building inside Malacañang compound. PCOO work is expected to resume on Monday, the day President Duterte delivers his State of the Nation Address (SONA).

Based on the official count, Andanar said the main PCOO office has logged two active COVID cases with one death.

Andanar said he already took the coronavirus test Thursday and will get the result within 48 or 72 hours. “Sana naman ay negative kasi marami kaming may contact sa kanya. (Hopefully it will be negative because the person had contact with many among us),” he said.

In other agencies attached to PCOO, Andanar said two employees assigned at Radio Television Malacanang (RTVM) also tested positive for the coronavirus. RTVM is the official team that documents President Duterte’s activities including his upcoming SONA.

Andanar said two employees of Philippine Information Agency (PIA) also became infected with the illness while another worker at the People’s Television network tested positive. 

Another PCOO agency, APO Production Unit, has reported one active case and one death, according to Andanar.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news"]
[2049989,2916395,2916391,2916383,2916369,2916360,2916346]