DAVAO CITY – The Department of Health Davao Center for Health Development (DOH-DCHD) reported 17 additional cases of coronavirus disease in the Davao region Tuesday night, bringing the total number of those who have tested positive for the virus to 631.
In its daily Regional Situation Update on COVID-19 in Davao Region, the DOH said that, as of 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 7, 13 more cases were recorded in Davao City; three in Davao del Norte and one in Davao Oriental, out of the 307 persons tested for the day.
The DOH said the region currently has 196 still active cases.
Meanwhile, according to the Provincial Health Office of Davao del Norte, the three new cases in the province were all returning overseas workers. Two of them were from Panabo City. The City Government of Panabo said they came from Saudi Arabia.
The 35-year-old woman, who was the 10th case of COVID-19 in Panabo City, arrived on June 21 via sweeper flight with Flight No. 4525A, while the 33-year-old man was the 11th case, and he arrived last June 26 via a sweeper flight.
The other OFW from Davao del Norte was a 24-year-old woman from the Island Garden City of Samal, who arrived on June 30 via a sweeper flight.
The DOH also said three new recoveries were recorded today in Davao region, two of which are from Davao del Norte, and one from Davao City. The DOH has so far tallied a total of 402 successful recoveries and 33 deaths.