No fatality, 17 recoveries, 9 COVID cases among Filipinos abroad – DFA

Published July 7, 2020, 7:45 PM

by Roy Mabasa

No new fatality caused by coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) was reported among Filipinos abroad, the Department of Foreign Affairs said on Tuesday.

The foreign affairs office, instead, recorded 17 new recoveries and 9 new confirmed cases across Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.  

This is the third consecutive day that no new reports were received from countries in the Americas, according to the DFA.

“The DFA personnel in our foreign service posts shall continue partnering with local health authorities and agencies to ensure our people follow preventive measures against the COVID-19 pandemic, and commit to tirelessly attending to the needs of Filipinos affected by this pandemic, wherever and whenever possible,” the foreign affairs office said. 

Earlier on Tuesday, the Philippine Embassy in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) said 78 percent of Filipinos afflicted with COVID-19 have recovered 

Ambassador Hayceelyn Quintana said the reflective of the national figure on the ratio of COVID-19 cases versus the number of people who have recovered from the disease in UAE. 

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news"]
[1001279,2694660,2694653,2694656,2694635,2694629,2694626]