By Ellalyn De Vera-Ruiz
An employee of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) main office in Quezon City has tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) after a rapid testing of employees and personnel was conducted last week.
The agency conducted the COVID-19 rapid testing for 313 employees, security, and maintenance personnel. Initial results indicated that an LTFRB employee was positive for the virus.
Due to this development, the LTFRB central office will remain temporarily closed on Monday, June 29, to continue with the thorough disinfection of the premises, which started on Sunday, June 28.
This is the second time the LTFRB central office has conducted rapid testing since the National Capital Region was placed under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in March due to the increasing number of positive cases in the region.
No positive test results were found in the agency’s previous rapid COVID-19 screening.
In conjunction with the agency’s work suspension, it advised that receipt of documents and some transactions will result in delayed response on the following concerns:
– 24/7 Public Assistance Complaints Desk 1342
– Inquiries on legal matters
– New Application for CPC
– Application for Extension of Validity
– Petition for Dropping and Substitution of Units
– Petition for Dropping of Units
– Petition for Installation of Advertising Sign
– Application for Consolidation of Cases
– Petition for Change Venue of Registration
– Petition for Adoption of Trade Name
– Petition for Storage of Unit Plate
– Petition for Upgrading/Downgrading of Units
– Petition for Cancellation of Franchise
– Petition for Withdrawal of Application
– Petition for Adoption of Color Scheme
– Application for Change of Party Applicant
– Request for Garage and Unit Inspection
– Surrender of Plates
– Clearance of Account
– Assessment of Fees
– Re-Assessment of Fees
– Releasing of Assessment of fees
– Issuance of Special Permit
– Clearance and Releasing of Impounded Vehicles
Stakeholders are invited to use online transactions for Request for Special Permit; Correction of Typographical Error; Request for Confirmation of Unit/s; Request for Franchise Verification; Request for Issuance or Extension Provisional Authority; and Legal Concerns/Query on Hearing Schedule and Status.