Don’t hope too much that quarantine protocols will be eased in Metro Manila

Published June 27, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Chito Chavez

The public should not hope too much that the quarantine protocols in Metro Manila will be eased after the general community quarantine (GCQ) order ends on June 30.

DILG undersecretary and spokesman Jonathan Malaya (DILG 10 via PIA /  MANILA BULLETIN)
DILG undersecretary and spokesman Jonathan Malaya
(DILG 10 via PIA / MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya on Saturday, June 27, said that with the present situation of the rising COVID-19 cases, he does not think that the GCQ status in Metro Manila will be relaxed.

President Duterte is expected to announce on June 29 if the quarantine measures in Metro Manila and other areas will be relaxed, maintained or reverted to the more stringent lockdown protocols.

On June 1, the President placed Metro Manila on GCQ after previously being under the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) and modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).

Malaya said that the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to the President will be based on science.

Malaya noted that a technical working group (TWG) gathers and carefully scrutinizes the data before making its recommendation to the IATF for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).

After receiving the studies of the TWG on Data Analytics, Malaya said that the IATF will then submit it to the President.

When the IATF receives the recommendation of the IATF, Malaya noted that it is at this time that the local government units (LGUs) may make their appeal if they wish to do so.

He stressed that no more appeals will be accepted or acted upon after the IATF’s recommendation reaches the President.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2001677,2918833,2918827,2918824,2918830,2918795,2918800]