By Jeffrey Damicog
Department of Justice (DOJ) Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Tuesday ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to confirm the identity and locate the person who threatened Frankie Pangilinan, daughter of Sen. Francis Pangilinan and megastar Sharon Cuneta, with rape.
“I requested the NBI to verify the identity and location of the person based on information available in social media,” said Guevarra.
He issued the directive after Cuneta reached out and talked to him to express her intention of filing charges against the person whom she identified as a certain Sonny Alcos, who is believed to be currently residing in the United Kingdom.
Cuneta said the social media accounts of Alcos have been deleted.
“The NBI is simply verifying the info for the purpose of giving notice to the respondent should Sharon eventually file a formal criminal complaint with the DOJ,” Guevarra said.
“Their info will be used by the investigating prosecutor for subpoena purposes,” he added.
The threat came about from Frankie’s debate with television broadcaster Ben Tulfo over her view that women should not be taught to dress up to protect them from rapists.
Alcos, in showing his opposition to Frankie’s stance, allegedly posted on social media that if he had been younger, he would find and rape her.
This angered Cuneta who posted on social media: “YOU CROSSED THE LINE. GOD HELP ME AND THE LAW! GOD HELP YOU WHEN I FIND YOU. HINDI KITA PATATAHIMIKIN (I will not give you peace).”