By Jeffrey G. Damicog
The Department of Justice-Office of Cybercrime (DOJ-OOC) has asked Facebook to preserve information of the person who threatened with rape the daughter of actress Sharon Cuneta and Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan.
“The DOJ-Office of Cybercrime has ascertained the identity and location of the person who allegedly threatened Frankie Pangilinan,” said DOJ-OOC head and Justice Undersecretary Markk Perete on Tuesday, June 23.
“It has also made a request for Facebook to preserve the content of the account pending the filing of the complaint by the offended party,” the DOJ spokesman added.
The DOJ-OOC made the move after Sharon Cuneta reached out and talked to Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra to express her intention of filing charges against the person whom she identified as a certain Sonny Alcos, who is believed currently residing in the United Kingdom.
However, Sharon said the social media accounts of the person have been deleted.
“Should a complaint be filed, law enforcers may apply for a warrant to disclose computer data and a request for extradition, if warranted, may be made,” Perete explained.
The threat came about from Frankie’s debate with television broadcaster Ben Tulfo over her view that women should not be taught to dress up to protect them from rapists.
However, Alcos, in showing his opposition to Frankie’s stance, allegedly posted on social media that if he had been younger he would find and rape her.
This angered Sharon who posted in social media: “YOU CROSSED THE LINE. GOD HELP ME AND THE LAW! GOD HELP YOU WHEN I FIND YOU. HINDI KITA PATATAHIMIKIN (I will not give you peace).”