By Jhon Aldrin Casinas
There is no truth to rumors circulating on social media that Barangay Addition Hills in Mandaluyong City will be placed under lockdown, a village official said Sunday night (June 14).
Barangay Addition Hills Chairman Carlito Cernal denied speculations reportedly shared on Facebook that a lockdown will be imposed on the village amid the ongoing threat of the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
“Sa lahat ng mga mamamayan ng Barangay Addition Hills, at nagtatanong at may agam-agam sa mga nababalitaan sa mga FB post na magkakaroon daw ng lockdown ang Addition Hills, walang katotohanan ang balitang ito (To all residents of Barangay Addition Hills asking about rumors shared on FB posts that there will be a lockdown in Addition Hills, these are not true),” Cernal said in a Facebook post.
Barangay Addition Hills, one of the most populated villages in the city, was previously placed under a week-long “total lockdown” due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in the area.
According to the City Health Department, the village so far has the most number of COVID-19 cases in Mandaluyong City with 152 cases, 71 active cases, 72 recoveries, and nine deaths as of June 13.
Cernal urged the public to be responsible in posting and sharing unverified reports.
“Tandaan po natin kung may ganyang plano na lockdown, nagbibigay ng abiso ang pamahalaan, subalit kung walang abiso, huwag po maniniwala agad sa maling balita (Let us keep in mind that if there is a plan to impose a lockdown, the local government will issue a notice, but if there is none, do not immediately believe such rumors),” he said.