Number of COVID-19 cases rise in Bulacan

Published June 8, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Freddie Velez

CITY OF MALOLOS, Bulacan – As the provincial government continues with its mass swab testing, the number of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases have increased.

This as the Bulacan Provincial Health Office (PHO) reported on Sunday nine new cases of COVID-19 that brought the total number in the province to 232.

The PHO said that two of the new positive patients were a nine-year-old girl from the City of Meycauayan and a 27-year-old male from the City of San Jose Del Monte.

The seven others were from Norzagaray town this province, a 31 and 44-years-old, both of Barangay San Mateo; a 23-year-old, of Barangay Minuyan, and four others, aged 22 to 34 years old, coming from Barangay Bigte. They all worked for the same company.

Norzagaray Mayor Alfredo G. Germar said that the company where the seven patients worked coordinated them and gave the results of their swab testing on Sunday at the Rural Health Unit under the supervision of Dr. Peppard Paitim.

According to them, they were all in good condition last month of May when they went back to work to the company somewhere in Metro Manila.

The Bulacan PHO also reported the total number of COVID-19 patients who recovered from the disease was at 93, while active confirmed cases were at 108. There have so far been 31 deaths in the province.

Governor Daniel R. Fernando said that it’s good news that the number of recoveries in Bulacan continuously growing, “and that’s because the province is continuously conducting mass testing”.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2034886,2873914,2873859,2873831,2873827,2873817,2873795]