By Anthony Giron
IMUS CITY, Cavite — The Kawit municipality reported on Wednesday two more coronavirus disease (COVID-19) positive cases, bringing to seven the total number of cases in its jurisdiction.
Kawit Mayor Angelo Emilio G. Aguinaldo identified the latest cases as Patient #6, a 35-year-old male security guard from Estrella Toclong, and Patient #7, a 57-year-old woman resident of Congbalay.
Both patients reportedly took their swab tests last April 30 and their results were released on Wednesday, May 6.
Aguinaldo, citing reports from the Rural Health Unit (RHU), said that the two patients were the first cases of ”community transmission” in the municipality.
Both patients, who have no travel history, were exposed to two confirmed positive patients reported earlier in the municipality.
The two new COVID-19 patients were brought to the local isolation facilities for treatment.
Initial reports showed that Patient #6 was exposed to Patient #1, also a security guard from Toclong in early April, while Patient #7 had a direct contact with Patient #4.
Aguinaldo said the local government had started contact-tracing.
The mayor called on the citizens to follow the protocols and guidelines under the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to keep everyone protected and safe.
Aguinaldo urged the citizens to stay at home and observe social or safe distancing and the other prescribed measures.
“This is not a joke. This is a matter of serious concern. Let us unite and help each other in this fight against COVID-19,” he added.
Kawit is a first-class coastal municipality in Cavite’s first district. It has 23 barangays (villages) and a population of approximately a hundred thousand.
The municipality was the birthplace of General Emilio F. Aguinaldo. Mayor Aguinaldo is a great-grandson of the revolutionary general.