By Shirley Matias Pizarro
BALANGA, Bataan — Eight medical frontliners and two children were found to be positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) here, bringing the number of confirmed cases in this province to 102, as of Tuesday, May 5.
The Provincial Health Office (PHO) said the total number of confirmed cases also included the 22 patients who have recovered from the viral disease, and four deaths which have all been reported earlier.
While continuous testing is ongoing for suspect and probable cases, PHO said it was still awaiting the results of 732 pending cases from the swabbed specimens brought to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in Muntinlupa. So far, there were already 1,302 cases of negative results.
PHO identified the new cases as that of a 10-year-old female from Balanga City, a 51-year-old female from Pilar, a 17-day-old infant from Mariveles, and a 67-year old female from Dinalupihan.
The rest of the new cases were all front liners from the Bataan General Hospital and Medical Center (BGHMC). They were that of a 46-year old female from Orani, a 52-year old male from Balanga, a 31-year old male from Hermosa, a 28-year old female from Pilar, a 30-year-old female from Samal, a 40-year-old male from Pilar, a 28-year old female from Balanga, and a 31-year old male also from Balanga City.