First COVID-19 case reported in Amadeo, Cavite

Published April 27, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Anthony Giron

IMUS CITY, Cavite – Amadeo, a municipality in Cavite’s seventh district, has reported its first coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) case.

Cavite Governor Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla Jr. confirmed the first case in Amadeo in his latest COVID-19 case situation report in the province on Monday, April 27.

With the latest data, only the neighboring municipalities of Magallanes and General Emilio Aguinaldo-Bailen remained free of COVID-19.

The data showed that the eight latest additional cases listed in Cavite, including one in Amadeo and two in General Trias City, brought to 161 the total number of cases in the province’s eight district.

The neighboring cities or districts of Bacoor, Imus, the province’s capital; Dasmariñas and General Trias have the biggest number of cases in the province with Bacoor on top, and General Trias in fourth spot.

Cavite, with eight districts comprising seven cities and 16 municipalities, is the most densely populated province in Luzon with approximately 4.5 million residents.

Among Cavite’s 16 municipalities Tanza has the most number of cases with eight.

The data, which the Cavite Provincial Health Office (PHO) released, identified the first case in Amadeo as a patient involving an 80-year-old woman.

Amadeo, Magallanes and General Aguinaldo-Bailen, both in the eighth district, are agricultural areas with the least population in Cavite province.

Amadeo reported earlier that it had 17 probable/suspects or persons under investigation (PUI) and monitoring (PUM).

Amadeo, a fourth class municipality, has 26 barangays, and a population of 37,649 as per 2015 census report. The town has been known as the country’s “Coffee Capital.”

In his latest message posted on social media Monday, Cavite Governor Remulla said he was contemplating on placing the province on lockdown, noting the cities and municipalities where the number of COVID-19 cases are increasing..

Remulla was set to meet with the province’s mayors to get their consensus on his proposed lockdown rules, and to seek assistance from the Philippine Army for extra reinforcements.

“I take full responsibility for this. I should have enforced the VE ECQ earlier. I will confer with the Mayors later and get the consensus on the lockdown rules. I will contact the Philippine Army later for additional reinforcements. Let’s get ready. I will suggest that to the Mayors that we start the Lockdown sooner. Please prepare,” Remulla said.

VE ECQ refers to Vitamin-Enriched Enhanced Community Quarantine which was Remulla’s own label and initiative. It is a test phase action that will keep a tight watch with the Army and police on the enforced ECQ particularly the rule-defying citizens.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2021141,2874642,2874639,2874632,2874622,2874614,2874627]