DOLE: Cash aid for Western Visayas’ quarantine-hit workers depleted

Published April 27, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Tara Yap

ILOILO CITY – The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) clarified that the budget for the cash aid intended for workers affected by enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Western Visayas region has already been depleted.

Workers wearing face masks ride atop a truck in Iloilo City.  (Tara Yap/Manila Bulletin)
Workers wearing face masks ride atop a truck in Iloilo City. (Tara Yap/Manila Bulletin)

“We seek full understanding of employers and workers who are unable to receive financial assistance,” said DOLE Regional Director Cyril Ticao in a statement.

DOLE had to reiterate the reasons why it has stopped accepting applications since April 16 for financial assistance in the region comprising of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, and Negros Occidental provinces as well as the cities of Iloilo and Bacolod.

This pertains to depleted funding for DOLE’s COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP), which is the cash aid for workers employed by private companies.

Niezel Sabrido, DOLE regional information officer, said, in an online press conference, that the funding only covers the first part of the ECQ and there is no extra funding for the ECQ’s extension.

So far, DOLE has released almost P75 million for almost 15,000 workers in almost 700 establishments across the region.

Meanwhile, DOLE is still processing the releasing of financial for others who have previously applied before the cutoff.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2021150,2876023,2875939,2876012,2876009,2876000,2875988]