Baguio City police cracks down on ECQ violators

Published April 24, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Zaldy Comanda

BAGUIO CITY – The Baguio City Police Office warned that violators could face outright criminal charges for violating the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

Baguio City Police Director Col. Allen Co said ECQ violators could be charged with violation of Republic Act 11469 (Bayanihan to Heal as One Act) and Presidential Proclamation (PP) 922 : State of Public Health Emergency.

As such, Co said these violators could have these charges reflected in their police and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) records.

He said, a new memorandum issued by the Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief of the Directorate for Operations (DDO) ordered the outright arrest and imprisonment of ECQ violators, as per orders of PNP Chief Archie Gamboa.

Mayor Benjamin Magalong had actually directed last week to immediately arrest and handcuff ECQ law breakers.

Co said that with the order of Gamboa and Magalong’s directive, ECQ violators in this city will be arrested outright.

“So we would like to reiterate our warning stay at home or be imprisoned,” Co said. As directed in the memorandum, arrest and inquest proceedings shall immediately be applied and cases will be filed in relation to the three national laws cited by the PNP.

Meanwhile, Magalong ordered the lockdown of Barangay Balsigan Thursday, after he received confirmed reports of some residents in the area, who continued to make a mockery of the ECQ. The lockdown was placed in effect Friday morning.

Also on Friday morning, the lockdown on Scout Barrio barangay was ordered lifted by Magalong after a week of contact tracing was done when a street sweeper of the barangay tested positive of COVID-19.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2020570,2874489,2874486,2874482,2874453,2874428,2874404]