By Jean Fernando
The Paranaque City Health Office recorded last April 20 a total of 389 individuals affected with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and 25 deaths.
The city also recorded a total of 282 suspects and 350 probable being monitored by the City Health Office.
The Public Information chief, Mar Jimenez, said that the above individuals will immediately undergo testing since the city government had already started the mass testing.
Jimenez also said individuals who are found positive with COVID-19 will immediately be placed at an isolation facility.
He said that the city government first designated Ospital ng Paranaque II as the city’s isolation facility. The city government, Jimenez said, added four more new isolation facilities located in four public schools in San Antonio Highschool and Dr. Arcadio Santos National Highschool located in San Martin de Porres; Paranaque City College and Paranaque National Highschool in San Dionisio.
The four additional isolation facilities can accommodate 88 patients which is an additional to the 10-bed evaluation and holding tent at the Ospital ng Paranaque grounds.
He also said that isolation tents donated by the Rotary Club of Makati were also placed at the Ospital ng Paranaque I.
The City Health Office identified the barangays in the city with the highest number of recorded COVID-19 positive patients at San Antonio with 46; BF Homes and Moonwalk both with 42, Don Bosco with 41; San Dionisio with 34, Marcelo Green with 26, and Sun Valley with 24.
Mayor Edwin Olivarez is continuing to appeal to city residents to just stay home and help the city government to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Olivarez said that just following the protocols set under the enhanced community quarantine will win the battle in fighting the virus.