MICT operational levels back to normal

Published April 20, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Minka Klaudia Tiangco

Operational levels at the Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) have returned to normal on Monday.

International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI) executive vice president Christian Gonzalez said that with the cargo pullouts amid the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) peaking last week, overall terminal utilization is now under 67 percent, while reefer utilization is at under 65 percent.

The pullouts last week do not include the containers of unclaimed cargo that were transferred to other yards by the Bureau of Customs and the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), he added.

Gonzalez also said that all incoming ships are able to dock as scheduled, with no waiting time.

Despite this, the ICTSI official warned against being complacent as national government officials mull the extension of the ECQ.

Gonzalez added that the exemptions for cargo and penalties for overstayers worked in preventing “unmanageable consequences.”

“Efforts should continue, however, to ensure that we have no repeat of the dangerously low level of pullouts we experienced at the end of March and in early April,” he said. “We must remember that there remains a significant amount of unclaimed cargo from well before March, and we must ensure a free flow of cargo to facilitate the transport of critical food, medical supplies, and basic necessities.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2019948,2878735,2878718,2878715,2878729,2878732,2878710]