Manila quarantine facility accepts COVID-19 patients

Published April 13, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Minka Tiangco

Health officials from the Manila City government on Monday sent the first group of COVID-19 patients to be admitted to the Ninoy Aquino Stadium quarantine facility at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex.

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said the Ninoy Aquino Stadium quarantine facility, that can admit over 100 patients, will help in decongesting the hospitals in the country’s capital.

(MANILA PIO/MANILA BULLETIN)
(MANILA PIO/MANILA BULLETIN)

Earlier, he announced that 33 more rooms are being prepared at the Sta. Ana Hospital for the expected increase in COVID-19 cases after almost all the rooms at the Manila Infectious Disease Control Center (MIDCC) became occupied.

He also ordered the temporarily closure of Ospital ng Sampaloc earlier this month after five hospital staff tested positive for the disease, while 29 health workers and administrative staff underwent quarantine.

“This facility will ease (the load on) our public local government hospitals,” he said.

Latest data from the city government showed that there are now over 300 COVID-19 cases in the city, with 38 deaths and 25 recovered patients.

Recently, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) converted at least 11 event venues and public buildings into “We Heal As One” centers, or isolation facilities for COVID-19 patients. The Ninoy Aquino Stadium in Manila was among the first to be completed.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2018645,2883296,2883299,2883289,2883285,2883282,2883276]