By Jean Fernando
The number of individuals affected with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Paranaque City rose to 18 based on the record of the City Health Office from 184 last April 8 to 202 last April 10. The recorded deaths rose to 18.
The City Health Office recorded increase of persons under monitoring (PUMs) to 733 and persons under investigation (PUIs) to 614.
Two barangays in the city were recorded by the City Health Office with highest number of persons affected with the virus, Don Bosco with 28 individuals affected and two deaths, and was followed by BF Homes with 26 affected and four deaths.
The other barangays listed with individuals affected by the virus were Marcelo Green and San Antonio both with 18 recorded; Moonwalk with 15; San Dionisio and Sun Valley both with 14; San Isidro with 12; Tambo and San Martin de Porres with eight both; Baclaran and Merville with seven both; Don Galo with four, and La Huerta with two.
The other 18 individuals affected with the virus came from an unknown barangay which the City Health Office is still trying to determine whether said persons are residents of Paranaque.
The City Health office also recorded 10 individuals have recovered from the virus and 41 had already been discharged from the hospital.
Mayor Edwin Olivarez shared to city residents that Ospital ng Paranaque II is trying its best to help those affected with the virus, including the PUIs and the PUMs.
Olivarez said that a 31-year-old female was tested positive with the virus last March 31 after she was admitted to the hospital March 28.
He said that the development was reported to him by Dr. Lea Grace Vasquez, the medical director of OSPAR2, one of the local public hospitals designated by the city government to exclusively accommodate, manage, and treat COVID-19 patients, PUMs, and PUIs.
The mayor said that the female patient was under the care of the said hospital until she fully recovered from the virus.