Baguio records new COVID-19 case

Published April 10, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Zaldy Comanda

BAGUIO CITY – This city’s 13 consecutive days of being without any coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) incident was snapped when a 46-year-old street sweeper reportedly tested positive for the virus Friday, April 10.

This was confirmed by Mayor Benjie Magalong, who said that the female street sweeper works in Scout Barrio, and lives in Barangay Dagsian.

The patient was tested through rapid test last April 8, and yielded positive result on the same day. A throat swab was done, and a subsequent polymerase chain reaction (PCR) confirmed that she was COVID-19 positive.

Contact tracing is now in progress. She was said to have first experienced symptoms on April 3, and had her check-up on April 7.

Confirmation of Baguio’s latest COVID-19 patient dampened what had already been snowballing optimism that the city was finally flattening the so-called curve related to the pandemic viral disease.

The city went without a new case, or a report of fatality for nearly two weeks, which was marked by reports of recovery of other COVID-19 patients.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2018231,2739791,2739786,2739777,2739774,2739765,2739744]