By Warren Elijah E. Valdez
DAVAO CITY – The city government was able to roll out about 27,000 food packs to some barangays in the city as distribution of relief goods resumed on Monday, an official said.
Through the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), two barangays were able to receive the food packs prepared by the city government.
In an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio on Tuesday, Mayor Sara Duterte said that 23,000 food packs were given to Barangay 76-A and around 4,079 food packs were given to Barangay Lizada in Toril District.
The city mayor previously bared that around 194,000 food packs were eyed by the city government for release this week.
There are more than 300,000 households affected by the community quarantine that is targeted to be given food packs from the relief goods operations of the city.
During the interview, Duterte said the estimated number of relief goods recipients was the number of families based on the official data from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
“That is why we will really see the actual numbers (pertaining to households) once the masterlist from the releasing of ration cards will already be given,” she added.
Duterte also said that those whose families were greatly affected of the community quarantine have been prioritized to be given assistance.
“What we are saying as affected by the COVID-19 are those who have lost their means of livelihood, those who were not able to have their salaries, businesses. Of course, we have prioritized those with low income and those who are indigent (families),” she said.
The mayor also said that she was still receiving concerns about the relief goods given by the city government, stating that some were reporting to have not received the food packs yet.
“Actually, the rations are for those identified by the government as indigent who are heads of the families who just lost their livelihood, lost their jobs, and those “no-work-no-pay” individuals,” she added.
She reiterated that the public must contact the provided health line number provided by the city government under the CSWDO so that their concerns will immediately be addressed.
“Please take note of our health lines because they (CSWDO) do not have presence in the social media, because no matter how many times you try to post your inquiries in that platform, they may not be able to answer you as they are primarily focusing on addressing concerns through the health lines,” Duterte said.
Meanwhile, a food station is also being planned to be put up in the barangays by other city government officials.
Dutere said that the city councilors together with the designated barangay team leaders, are on the brainstorming about having “lomi” and “lugaw” stations.
She said it was a parallel effort of the councilors on how they could help the relief efforts of the CSWDO in the barangays.