The Philippine Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition warned the public to avoid using water bottles as containers for disinfectants.
This comes after report of incidents of accidental ingestion of bleach solutions because the bottles were mistaken for containing water.
The public is told to avoid using softdrink bottles, iced tea bottles, or any food container as container for disinfectants.
The group also advised to label bleach solution containers properly and store them in an area where they cannot be reached by children.
The organization added that it does not need cases of bleach ingestion to clog hospitals, now that they are busy addressing the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).