By MB Online and Anthony Giron
About 500 houses went up in smoke after a fire broke out in Bacoor City early Monday.
In a report from ABS-CBN News, the affected area was Wawa I, Barangay Zapote V, Bacoor City.
City Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla reported that the fire started at about 2 a.m. and was declared fire out at 5 a.m. Monday.
Five hundred families are equivalent, approximately between 2,500 and 3,000 individuals.
The police and fire departments have yet to render a report as to the fire cause and cost.
Sources in the area said that the fire may have been caused by a faulty electrical wiring or unattended lit candle.
The power consumption in the area may have been overloaded as most people were in their homes due to the lock down. Some house occupants at the site also used lit candles to light up their houses.
Revilla, citing initial reports, said that there was no reported fire casualty.
“The victims were given a hot meal initially at a nearby school area, I will be calling a meeting soon to set up the plans for the victims, particularly their relocation site, at this time of crisis,” the mayor said.
Bacoor was placed on lockdown last March 20 as authorities reported at least three CoVID-19 positive cases in the turf.