Cavite confirmed COVID-19 cases now 14

Published March 23, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Anthony Giron

IMUS CITY, Cavite—Cavite province now has 14 confirmed coronavirus disease cases with the latest inclusion of four persons, including three senior citizens, Governor Jonvic Remulla reported on Monday night (March 23).

Remulla clarified that Cavite has only one COVID-19 case death, based on the latest update that he received from the Department of Health-Cavite on Monday afternoon.

The governor denied reports that there have been five virus deaths in the province.

One Facebook post, citing a Cavite Case Tracker list, said that four persons under investigation (PUIs) and one confirmed COVID-19 patient had already died in the province.

Remulla said the four latest COVID-19 patients, as confirmed by the DOH-Cavite or the Provincial Health Office (PHO), are a 62-year-old and a 71-year-old, both males from Naic; a 30-year-old female from Tanza, and a 67-year-old female from Indang.

He also reported that with regard to one patient from Cavite City, the PHO has yet to confirm whether or not they have COVID-19.

“One patient from Cavite City has been reported but has not yet been confirmed by our Provincial Health Officer as ‘official,’” Remulla said in a Facebook post Monday night.

The four cases, as confirmed by Remulla, were the biggest increase in a single day since the first COVID-19 case was reported two Tuesdays ago in the province’s capital Imus.

The spike in the number of confirmed cases in Cavite and the developments on the COVID-19 situation in the area apparently saddened the governor, who asked the public to fight and kill the virus by taking the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) measures seriously.

In his Monday night’s Facebook message. Remulla said: “Alam ko po na napakahirap ng crisis na dala ng Covid. Kapag sumunod tayo lahat sa patakaran ay mas mabilis natin malalagpasan ito.” (I know the COVID crisis is difficult. If we all follow the rules, we can overcome this situation much faster.)

Remulla has been calling the shots on the ECQ since Day 1 of its implementation, appealing to everyone to heed the measures and actions that the government enforced.

The governor is expected to reveal the number of the PUIs and persons under monitoring (PUMS) in Cavite in his succeeding Facebook messages, based on official reports from DoH-Cavite.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2013964,2737956,2737946,2737928,2737923,2737913,2737907]