Rizal Park, Intramuros sites temporarily closed amid COVID-19 spread

Published March 13, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Richa Noriega

Several parks and tourism sites in Metro Manila are temporarily closed on Friday, March 13 until further notice as a countermeasure against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

The National Parks Development Committee (NPDC) announced on Friday that Luneta and Paco Park will be temporarily closed to the public starting Friday until further notice.

It also includes previously scheduled public events and activities are postponed as well.

“We apologize for the inconvenience,” NDPC said in an advisory.

Meanwhile, the Intramuros Administration (IA) said in an advisory on Thursday that Fort Santiago, Museo de Intramuros, Baluarte San Diego, and Casa Manila Museum shall be closed to the public effective on March 13 until further notice.

President Duterte has authorized the community quarantine of Metro Manila as a precaution against the COVID-19 spread, as well as social distancing measures for the next 30 days to combat the spread of the deadly virus.

Other anti-coronavirus measures include the suspension of domestic land, air, and sea travel to and from Metro Manila from March 15 to April 14, the extension of class suspension until April 12, the ban on mass gatherings, and work suspension in the executive department.

The Department of Health (DOH) reported on Thursday that there are three new cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 52.

READ MORE: World Health Organization describes coronavirus outbreak as pandemic

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2051268,2882509,2882506,2882451,2882471,2882456,2882400]