By Mike Crismundo
BUTUAN CITY – Northeastern Mindanao or the Caraga region now has 52 persons under monitoring (PUMs), health authorities reported Tuesday.
However, the regional office of the Department of Health-Center for Health Development (DOH 13-CHD) disclosed that 42 of these PUMs were already cleared.
Health officials in Caraga region also revealed that there were only four persons under “close monitoring”, and remained under home quarantine for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
A public advisory released by the DOH 13-CHD as of Tuesday showed that these 42 PUMs since the virus broke out last month, were already cleared of their 14-day mandatory home quarantine period from the dreaded disease.
“They are now healthy and without any respiratory symptoms,” DOH 13 Regional Spokesperson Ms. Romelyn Torralba told The Manila Bulletin on Tuesday.
The remaining 10 PUMs are still under home quarantine and close observation, she said.
As of Tuesday, Caraga region remained negative for COVID-19 cases, the DOH 13-CHD advisory stressed.
In a related development, the regional office of the DOH 13 based here on Tuesday reiterated that regular hand-washing was the most effective means to avert contracting dreaded Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
It is one of the most effective protection to avoid any disease, particularly COVID-19, stressed Ms. Torralba, in an exclusive interview with The Manila Bulletin.
The DOH 13 regional spokesperson suggested to avoid crowded places, especially for elderly and children.
DOH 13 Regional Director Dr. Jose R. Llacuna, Jr. already issued guidelines on the prevention and control of the disease at hotels, schools and other tourist destinations and facilities.