Bataan remains COVID-19-free; hospitals prepared for worst case scenario

Published March 9, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Shirley Matias Pizarro 

BALANGA CITY, BATAAN — Local government and health officials of Bataan have announced that the province remains free of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) despite the escalation of cases of in other parts of the country.

Governor Albert S. Garcia said there has been no additional case of COVID-19 reported after the treatment and discharge of a total of six patients under investigation (PUI) last month. All six, five from Mariveles and one from Limay towns have been discharged after they were found negative for the coronavirus.

At the same time, Garcia assured the public that all private and public hospitals in Bataan “are prepared for any eventuality.”

He assured that no patient who will exhibit symptoms of the COVID 19 will be refused admission in any hospital in Bataan.

Garcia also said that the same medical facilities have taken it upon themselves to allocate an area to serve as isolation ward for the efficient treatment of possible patients in Bataan.

For better preparedness against COVID 19, Garcia said the local provincial health office has procured Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to help Bataan health workers in the “investigation, treatment and medication of all PUIs and PUMs in the province.

The Bataan General Hospital and Medical Center (BGHMC) remains vigilant in its commitment to help Bataenos in this worldwide health crisis.

Provincial Health Officer Rosanna Buccahan reported that less than 10 patients under monitoring (PUM) remain under home quarantine. A total of 105 PUMs have all been released and were allowed to go back to work.

According to Buccahan, the number of those released from quarantine were: 38 from GN Power in Mariveles, 3 from Hermosa Ecozone, 6 from Bagac, 36 more from Mariveles, 1 from Samal, 10 from Balanga City, 1 from Abucay and 5 from Dinalupihan.

Buccahan also said, “3 PUMs from Mariveles, a few from Dinalupihan, 1 from Orion and 1 from Orani are still being held for home quarantine and awaiting their release.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2052044,2880244,2880247,2880241,2880236,2880229,2880200]