By Armando Fenequito Jr.
DAVAO CITY — The Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) has now isolated two new persons under investigation (PUI) after they manifested symptoms of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
This was bared by SPMC Chief Dr. Leopoldo Vega in an interview on Saturday afternoon.
Vega said the two PUIs have been in the hospital’s isolation facility since last week, but refused to provide any further detail.
“We are also hoping that they will be tested negative (for COVID-19),” he said.
He said the results of the test taken by the PUI will be out this coming week since they have already submitted the samples to Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
Vega said Davao City and even the whole Davao Region have no confirmed COVID-19 case.
He said that SPMC has already discahrged about 18 PUIs after they were tested negatives for COVID-19 infection.
Vega also bared the hospital will be now sending medical technicians to be trained at RITM in the testing for the coronavirus.
Vega said the isolation facility can cater up to 12 patients that need to be quarantined because of infectious diseases.
“We are enhancing our capacity and making sure that our isolation facility is ready and have the necessary human resources to make sure that all patients to come in will have the necessary services,” he said.
READ MORE: PH reports 1st local COVID-19 case