Duque urges PUIs to cooperate with DOH

Published February 7, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Noreen Jazul

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III urged patients under investigation (PUIs) to cooperate with efforts to contain the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019 nCoV ARD).

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III following the the DFA's suspension of the sale of Dengvaxia for 1 year, and imposing a P100,000-administrative fine on Sanofi for failing to comply with post-marketing authorization requirements for the vaccine.(photo by ali vicoy)
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III following the the DFA’s suspension of the sale of Dengvaxia for 1 year, and imposing a P100,000-administrative fine on Sanofi for failing to comply with post-marketing authorization requirements for the vaccine.(photo by ali vicoy)

“I urge everyone including our patients under investigation to please cooperate with the DOH,” Duque said in an interview with CNN Friday.

Duque made the call after 10 persons under investigation refused admission to hospital.

“Let us all do our part in keeping the threat of this 2019 nCoV at bay,” Duque said.

The health secretary said the Department of Health (DOH) is coordinating with the Philippine National Police to help “compel persons or rather patients under investigation who are refusing hospitalization, to be admitted and managed properly.”

As of Thursday, the DOH said there are 178 patients under investigation. Out of the 178, three previously reported cases tested positive, 48 tested negative, and 127 are still pending results.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2022707,2739791,2739786,2739777,2739774,2739765,2739744]