Duterte orders development of Mile Long property

Published February 6, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Argyll Cyrus Geducos

President Duterte has ordered the development of the Mile Long property in Makati, saying it will greatly contribute to the generation of revenues of priority programs of the government, including the pension program of military and uniformed personnel.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte delivers a speech during the Annual General Membership Meeting of the Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Inc. at the Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay City on January 21, 2020. ALFRED FRIAS/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte ALFRED FRIAS/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO/ FILE

In his Administrative Order No. 21, President Duterte ordered the Privatization Management Office (PMO) to enter into an appropriate contractual agreement with the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) to enable the latter to administer, manage, and redevelop the Mile Long property prior to eventual disposition.

He said the contractual agreement between the PMO and the BCDA shall involve the parcels of land covered by Transfer Certificate Titles (TCT) nos. (458365) S-77242 issue by the Registry of Deeds of Makati.

The President likewise ordered the creation of a technical working group to study and formulate a redevelopment and privatization plan for the Mile Long property.

The technical working group shall be composed of representatives from the Departments of Finance (DOF), Department of Budget and Management (DBM); Bureau of Treasury; the PMO; and the BCDA.

The DBM, meanwhile, was directed to study, propose, or take appropriate measures so that proceeds from the development of the Mile Long property shall be used to fund priority programs of the government including the pension program of military and uniformed personnel.

In August 2017, President Duterte said he will sell the two-hectare Mile Long property which had been leased by the government to the Prieto and Rufino families.

Duterte disclosed his plan after the Makati Regional Trial Court ordered the Rufino-Prieto-owned Sunvar Realty Development Corp. to vacate the property.

The President has repeatedly blasted Sunvar for its occupation of the property.

Sunvar had said it would vacate the Mile Long commercial strip following the order of the local court. The firm occupied the government property in February 1982 on a lease agreement that expired in 2002.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2022511,2740803,2741023,2741029,2740996,2740985,2740999]