Macau to deny entry to visitors from Hubei unless they can show they are virus-free

Published January 27, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Reuters

BEIJING – Macau said on Monday it will deny entry to visitors from China’s Hubei province or those who visited the province 14 days prior to arrival unless they can provide documentation showing they are not infected with the virus that broke out in the province.

FILE PHOTO: Officials monitor thermal scanners at a temperature monitoring station at Macau International Airport in Macau, China, January 8, 2020. MACAU SAR HEALTH BUREAU/Handout via REUTERS
Officials monitor thermal scanners at a temperature monitoring station at Macau International Airport in Macau, China, January 8, 2020. (MACAU SAR HEALTH BUREAU/Handout via REUTERS/FILE PHOTO/MANILA BULLETIN)

Macau’s government also said it is banning anyone who had been to Hubei province within 14 days of their arrival in the island from the premises of the city’s casinos.

READ MORE: Countries with confirmed cases of coronavirus

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2063543,2847988,2847984,2847977,2847968,2847971,2847974]