Suspect nabbed with P13.6-million shabu in Mandaue City

Published January 13, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Calvin Cordova

CEBU CITY—A 32-year-old man yielded P13.6 million worth of suspected shabu when he was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Mandaue City.

Dave Kller Narividad, a resident of Barangay Calamba, Cebu City, was arrested in Barangay Tipolo, Mandaue around 3 a.m. yesterday.

Operatives of the City Intelligence Branch (CIB) of the Mandaue City Police Office (MCPO) seized 20 packs each weighing 100 grams from the suspect.

Police said the suspect’s father is currently serving his prison term at the National Bilibid Prison after he was convicted of illegal drug charges.

“I hope the seized illegal drugs are not for the Sinulog festival,” said Police Brig. General Valeriano de Leon, chief of the Police Regional Office-Central Visayas (PRO 7).

De Leon said police are on the lookout for the possible proliferation of illegal drugs during the festival.

The PRO 7 said policemen will be deployed in concerts, which are common during the Sinulog.

“We will not allow shabu and party drugs to proliferate during the Sinulog activities,” de Leon added.

Last year, 19-year-old Ashley Abad died after taking a party drug that she allegedly took during a pre-Sinulog outdoor concert.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2065462,2875930,2875908,2875911,2875898,2875893,2875905]