Duterte orders police to hunt down ‘serial rapist’ of young girls in Quezon

Published January 13, 2020, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Genalyn Kabiling

President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the police to hunt down and neutralize the alleged “serial rapist” behind rape incidents in Quezon.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte holds a press conference at the Malacañan Palace on November 19, 2019. TOTO LOZANO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (TOTO LOZANO/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO)

The President issued the order after expressing concern over the rape cases involving young victims in the province.

“There are things I want to bring attention to the Filipino people, especially ‘yung rape ng mga bata. Wala nang kahinto-hinto (the rape of children. It’s nonstop). ‘Yung Quezon (In Quezon) there’s somebody there who is a serial rapist. Kahapon mayroon na naman ni-rape at pinatay (Some was raped and killed yesterday)” Duterte said in a media interview in Taguig City.

“Hanapin nila kung sinuman yan at huwag na nila buhayin (Find that person and don’t let that person live).”

The President, alarmed at the cases of child rape, also said he would ask regional police officials to present their measures to ensure public safety.

“I’ll call the regional commander. Marami na ‘yan (There’s been a lot of that). Quezon (is) always in the limelight because children are raped and killed, so I would like to know what steps have been taken to protect the public in that place.”

Police authorities recently arrested a suspect behind the rape and killing of an eight-year-old girl in Candelaria, Quezon. The victim, who was first reported missing, was reportedly found dead in a grassy area of a subdivision last week.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2065421,2882384,2882367,2882379,2882371,2882339,2882330]