Defective electric fan possible cause of Bocaue firecracker store fire — BFP

Published December 29, 2019, 4:13 PM

by CJ Juntereal

By Gabriela Baron

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said on Sunday that a faulty electric fan may have caused the fire that broke out at a firecracker store in Bocaue, Bulacan on Saturday evening.

(FLICKR / BFP / MANILA BULLETIN)
(FLICKR / BFP / MANILA BULLETIN)

According to BFP-Bocaue Fire Marshall Fire Inspector June Marcelino Isip, workers at A.T Sayo Fireworks in Barangay Biñang 1st brought out a fan that had been kept for a long time in storage. But when they plugged it in, it apparently caused the store’s electrical system to go haywire.

“Nagsaksak sila ng electric fan na galing doon sa bodega nila. It so happened po na yung electric fan na yun hindi maayos. Kumbaga hirap syang umikot, yung propeller. Eventually pagsaksak po nya, nag-blink na raw po yung ilaw and doon nag-start yung sunog,” Isip was quoted in a report by GMA News.

(They plugged a fan that had a dysfunctional propeller; it then sparked and caused the fire.)

According to the BFP, the fire started at 6:05 p.m. and was declared fire out at 7:15 p.m.

Authorities placed the damage at P400,000.

The BFP also encouraged the public to use noisemakers instead of firecrackers to avoid injuries.

“May ibang alternatibo naman para mag-create tayo ng ingay,” Isip added.

He also assured that fire trucks are deployed in strategic locations in Bocaue, a known place for selling firecrackers, to allow them to immediately respond to fire alarms.

On Saturday, the Department of Health (DOH), reported 34 cases of fireworks-related injuries (FWRIs) nationwide.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2202700,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2877053,2876764,2877045,2874327,2876755,2876751]

Defective electric fan possible cause of Bocaue firecracker store fire — BFP

Published December 29, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Gabriela Baron

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said on Sunday that a faulty electric fan may have caused the fire that broke out at a firecracker store in Bocaue, Bulacan on Saturday evening.

(FLICKR / BFP / MANILA BULLETIN)
(FLICKR / BFP / MANILA BULLETIN)

According to BFP-Bocaue Fire Marshall Fire Inspector June Marcelino Isip, workers at A.T Sayo Fireworks in Barangay Biñang 1st brought out a fan that had been kept for a long time in storage. But when they plugged it in, it apparently caused the store’s electrical system to go haywire.

“Nagsaksak sila ng electric fan na galing doon sa bodega nila. It so happened po na yung electric fan na yun hindi maayos. Kumbaga hirap syang umikot, yung propeller. Eventually pagsaksak po nya, nag-blink na raw po yung ilaw and doon nag-start yung sunog,” Isip was quoted in a report by GMA News.

(They plugged a fan that had a dysfunctional propeller; it then sparked and caused the fire.)

According to the BFP, the fire started at 6:05 p.m. and was declared fire out at 7:15 p.m.

Authorities placed the damage at P400,000.

The BFP also encouraged the public to use noisemakers instead of firecrackers to avoid injuries.

“May ibang alternatibo naman para mag-create tayo ng ingay,” Isip added.

He also assured that fire trucks are deployed in strategic locations in Bocaue, a known place for selling firecrackers, to allow them to immediately respond to fire alarms.

On Saturday, the Department of Health (DOH), reported 34 cases of fireworks-related injuries (FWRIs) nationwide.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2067618,2877045,2874327,2877012,2877007,2876953,2876949]