Number of fireworks-related injuries getting higher as New Year draws near

Published December 28, 2019, 6:10 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Analou De Vera

The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday reported 34 cases of fireworks-related injuries (FWRIs) nationwide, just four days before New Year’s Day.

(MANILA BULLETIN)
(MANILA BULLETIN)

“These were all injuries due to fireworks. No stray bullet injury or firework ingestion reported. [There also have been] no death reported,” the DOH said.

The DOH said that the 34 cases of FWRIs were recorded from December 21 to 5:59 a.m. of December 28. It was 21 percent or nine cases lower compared to the same period last year.

The firecrackers that caused the injuries were Boga, Luces, Piccolo, Kwitis, Whistle Bomb, and Five-Star.

Health Undersecretary Rolando Enrique Domingo reminded the public to be cautious during this time of the year.

“We are really asking everybody to give extra attention to prevent injuries lalong-lalo na yung mga bata [especially the children],” he said.

Domingo also encouraged local government units (LGUs) to just organize community fireworks display activities during the NewYear’s Eve celebration.

The health official also urged the police force to keep the streets safe.

“Please watch closely those lighting up firecrackers in the streets. This is in order to keep bystanders, or those going to and from their houses, safe from accidents brought by firecrackers,” said Domingo.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2202356,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2882533,2883216,2883213,2883201,2883197,2883147]

Number of fireworks-related injuries getting higher as New Year draws near

Published December 28, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Analou De Vera

The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday reported 34 cases of fireworks-related injuries (FWRIs) nationwide, just four days before New Year’s Day.

(MANILA BULLETIN)
(MANILA BULLETIN)

“These were all injuries due to fireworks. No stray bullet injury or firework ingestion reported. [There also have been] no death reported,” the DOH said.

The DOH said that the 34 cases of FWRIs were recorded from December 21 to 5:59 a.m. of December 28. It was 21 percent or nine cases lower compared to the same period last year.

The firecrackers that caused the injuries were Boga, Luces, Piccolo, Kwitis, Whistle Bomb, and Five-Star.

Health Undersecretary Rolando Enrique Domingo reminded the public to be cautious during this time of the year.

“We are really asking everybody to give extra attention to prevent injuries lalong-lalo na yung mga bata [especially the children],” he said.

Domingo also encouraged local government units (LGUs) to just organize community fireworks display activities during the NewYear’s Eve celebration.

The health official also urged the police force to keep the streets safe.

“Please watch closely those lighting up firecrackers in the streets. This is in order to keep bystanders, or those going to and from their houses, safe from accidents brought by firecrackers,” said Domingo.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2067761,2883216,2883201,2883197,2883204,2883181,2883187]