Palace keeps hands-off Quiboloy rape case

Published December 23, 2019, 2:57 PM

by Martin Sadongdong & Antonio Colina

By Argyll Cyrus Geducos 

Malacañang distanced itself from the charges Kingdom of Jesus Christ founder Pastor Apollo Quiboloy is facing, but assured the public that his relationship with President Duterte will not affect the pastor’s case.

Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo (OPS / MANILA BULLETIN)
Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo
(OPS / MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo made the statement after Quiboloy was accused of rape, qualified trafficking in person, and child abuse by a former follower.

In his Monday press briefing, Panelo refused to comment on the charges.

“That should be a private matter involving the Pastor. So we will not intrude into that private domain,” he said.

“Hindi natin… kasi private matter yun, eh (We will not interfere because it’s a private matter),” he added.

He, however, assured the public that Quiboloy’s closeness with Duterte would affect the case.

“The rule of law in this country always prevail regardless of who are involved,” Panelo said.

Duterte has been known to have a close relationship with Quiboloy, even granting the pastor two exclusive interviews in his own station.

It was not the first time that Quiboloy was hailed to court for a sex-related offense. In October last year, Quiboloy was also accused by a former follower of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ for running a “child sex ring.”

Quiboloy’s legal counsel Israelito Torreon said the allegations against his client were part of a “grand conspiracy” to pin down the pastor.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2200629,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2839425,2839420,2839410,2839330,2839327,2839325]

Palace keeps hands-off Quiboloy rape case

Published December 23, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Argyll Cyrus Geducos 

Malacañang distanced itself from the charges Kingdom of Jesus Christ founder Pastor Apollo Quiboloy is facing, but assured the public that his relationship with President Duterte will not affect the pastor’s case.

Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo (OPS / MANILA BULLETIN)
Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo
(OPS / MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)

Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo made the statement after Quiboloy was accused of rape, qualified trafficking in person, and child abuse by a former follower.

In his Monday press briefing, Panelo refused to comment on the charges.

“That should be a private matter involving the Pastor. So we will not intrude into that private domain,” he said.

“Hindi natin… kasi private matter yun, eh (We will not interfere because it’s a private matter),” he added.

He, however, assured the public that Quiboloy’s closeness with Duterte would affect the case.

“The rule of law in this country always prevail regardless of who are involved,” Panelo said.

Duterte has been known to have a close relationship with Quiboloy, even granting the pastor two exclusive interviews in his own station.

It was not the first time that Quiboloy was hailed to court for a sex-related offense. In October last year, Quiboloy was also accused by a former follower of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ for running a “child sex ring.”

Quiboloy’s legal counsel Israelito Torreon said the allegations against his client were part of a “grand conspiracy” to pin down the pastor.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2075069,2839390,2839385,2839382,2839356,2839353,2839343]