House info and tech panel open to probe SEAG sabotage try 

Published December 5, 2019, 10:17 AM

by AJ Siytangco

By Ellson Quismorio

Tarlac 2nd district Rep. Victor Yap said he is willing to help investigate the alleged attempt to sabotage the local hosting of the ongoing 30th Southeast Asian Games (SEAG).

“I’m open to it,” Yap told the Manila Bulletin. The lawmaker chairs the House Information and Communications Technology Committee.

(JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN)
(JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Will wait if that’s what the Rules [Committee] would want,” Yap added on his willingness to wait for a related resolution to be referred to his panel by the Rules Committee, which is chaired in the current 18th Congress by Majority Floor Leader Martin Romualdez.

The Tarlac solon said he expects the House Public Information Committee to take main cognizance of the matter, but also noted that the Information and Communications Technology panel could perform a joint inquiry in aid of legislation.

Earlier, House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano said there were at least four groups that were involved in the spread of online fake news regarding the Philippines’s hosting of the SEAG from November 30 to December 11.

“We’re digging deeper. May digital footprint eh. So kitang-kita na sila nagkalat at nag-imbento (There’s a digital footprint. We clearly saw that they were the ones who spread and fabricated it),” Cayetano said, adding that those involved were “political” personalities.

Cayetano, who also serves as chairman of the Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee (PHISGOC), suspects that the saboteurs benefitted from a well-funded operation.

He vowed to go into more detail on December 12, or a day after the closing ceremonies of the biennial competitions.

“Speaker-in-waiting” Marinduque lone district Rep. Lord Allan Velasco said that many will pursue a probe on the supposed problems that hounded the SEAG hosting.

“I think there are a lot of people who will be filing for investigations on what really happened with the SEA Games. So wait na lang po natin yun (So let’s just wait for that),” he told reporters late last month.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2194365,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2875363,2875349,2875351,2875347,2874140,2875341]

House info and tech panel open to probe SEAG sabotage try 

Published December 5, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Ellson Quismorio

Tarlac 2nd district Rep. Victor Yap said he is willing to help investigate the alleged attempt to sabotage the local hosting of the ongoing 30th Southeast Asian Games (SEAG).

“I’m open to it,” Yap told the Manila Bulletin. The lawmaker chairs the House Information and Communications Technology Committee.

(JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN)
(JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Will wait if that’s what the Rules [Committee] would want,” Yap added on his willingness to wait for a related resolution to be referred to his panel by the Rules Committee, which is chaired in the current 18th Congress by Majority Floor Leader Martin Romualdez.

The Tarlac solon said he expects the House Public Information Committee to take main cognizance of the matter, but also noted that the Information and Communications Technology panel could perform a joint inquiry in aid of legislation.

Earlier, House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano said there were at least four groups that were involved in the spread of online fake news regarding the Philippines’s hosting of the SEAG from November 30 to December 11.

“We’re digging deeper. May digital footprint eh. So kitang-kita na sila nagkalat at nag-imbento (There’s a digital footprint. We clearly saw that they were the ones who spread and fabricated it),” Cayetano said, adding that those involved were “political” personalities.

Cayetano, who also serves as chairman of the Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee (PHISGOC), suspects that the saboteurs benefitted from a well-funded operation.

He vowed to go into more detail on December 12, or a day after the closing ceremonies of the biennial competitions.

“Speaker-in-waiting” Marinduque lone district Rep. Lord Allan Velasco said that many will pursue a probe on the supposed problems that hounded the SEAG hosting.

“I think there are a lot of people who will be filing for investigations on what really happened with the SEA Games. So wait na lang po natin yun (So let’s just wait for that),” he told reporters late last month.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2077242,2875363,2875351,2875347,2875344,2875326,2875321]