Senators on ‘abduction’ cases: Leave it to the PNP

Published December 2, 2019, 4:34 PM

by AJ Siytangco

By Mario Casayuran

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is following up leads on the supposed kidnapping of several children and the harvesting of their organs by a crime group in the Metro Manila area.

This is according to neophyte Senator Ronald dela Rosa, a former PNP chief, who told Senate reporters Monday that he is not at liberty to reveal details.

Senator Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa (Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa / Facebook page / MANILA BULLETIN)
Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa
(Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa / Facebook page / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Mamaya ma-jeopardize ang kanilang operation diyan. So alam ko meron silang sinusundan na lead diyan,” dela Rosa said, (Disclosure of the leads might jeopardize the PNP’s operations. I know they are following up leads.)
“Huwag silang matakot diyan. Mga isolated cases ‘yan. Merong apparently… commonality sa mga pangyayari na ‘yan… na pareho silang in-abduct… magba-barkada ba ‘yan, magkakakilala ba ‘yang nga bata na ‘yan,’’ he said.

(They should not be afraid. These are isolated cases. There seems to be a commonality among these incidents. Do these kids know each other?)

Grace Mariano, a radio reporter covering the Senate, said she received a video allegedly showing a youngster who was able to escape from his captors.

The victim, according to the post, showed a suspected “Cesarean surgery” on his abdomen that is showing signs of infection.

Apparently, the crime gang was interested in his organ or organs but this was not stated by the victim.

Mariano said she does not know how the post was sent to her through the Senate reporters’ Viber group.

Speaking on the reported abduction cases, Senate President Vicente C. Sotto III said he is sure the PNP knows what to do.

“The PNP does not need prodding from politicians and armchair critics,” he said.

For her part, Senator Imee R. Marcos wants to be updated by the PNP on this issue as it is making parents deeply concerned.

Marcos issued the statement after the spread of a viral post on social media. Several boys and a girl were seen in seven pictures in the post. They were reportedly kidnapped in different places in Metro Manila last month.

Meanwhile, CCTV footage posted by a Rusty Sablada showed two men pushing a person into a van at the corners of FB Harrison Street and Humildad Street in Pasay City.

Fake or not, Marcos said these incidents should not be shrugged off by the government as they is creating fear among the young, parents, and Filipino families.

“Kailangan aksyunan agad ito ng PNP.  Kailangan ang mabilisang beripikasyon sa mga balita ng pagdukot at magsagawa ng mga preventive measures gaya ng pagdadagdag ng police visibility sa mga lansangan,” she said. (The PNP must act on this at once. These abduction reports must be investigated thoroughly so that authorities can adopt preventive measures such as increased police visibility in the streets.).

“Kailangan din ang matinding information drive ng PNP at mga local na pamahalaan na makatutulong sa mga pamilya kung paano mapananatiling ligtas ang kanilang mga anak,” she pointed out. (There should be an intense information drive by the PNP and local government units to advise families how to keep their children safe.)
“Matinding takot sa mga mag-aaral at mga magulang ang nararanasan ng nasabing mga pagdukot at pagkuha di umano sa mga organs ng mga batang tinangay,” she added. (Students and their parents are fearful of the reported abductions and alleged harvesting of the victims’ organs.)

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2193055,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2877524,2877518,2877505,2877495,2877527,2877508]

Senators on ‘abduction’ cases: Leave it to the PNP

Published December 2, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Mario Casayuran

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is following up leads on the supposed kidnapping of several children and the harvesting of their organs by a crime group in the Metro Manila area.

This is according to neophyte Senator Ronald dela Rosa, a former PNP chief, who told Senate reporters Monday that he is not at liberty to reveal details.

Senator Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa (Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa / Facebook page / MANILA BULLETIN)
Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa
(Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa / Facebook page / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Mamaya ma-jeopardize ang kanilang operation diyan. So alam ko meron silang sinusundan na lead diyan,” dela Rosa said, (Disclosure of the leads might jeopardize the PNP’s operations. I know they are following up leads.)
“Huwag silang matakot diyan. Mga isolated cases ‘yan. Merong apparently… commonality sa mga pangyayari na ‘yan… na pareho silang in-abduct… magba-barkada ba ‘yan, magkakakilala ba ‘yang nga bata na ‘yan,’’ he said.

(They should not be afraid. These are isolated cases. There seems to be a commonality among these incidents. Do these kids know each other?)

Grace Mariano, a radio reporter covering the Senate, said she received a video allegedly showing a youngster who was able to escape from his captors.

The victim, according to the post, showed a suspected “Cesarean surgery” on his abdomen that is showing signs of infection.

Apparently, the crime gang was interested in his organ or organs but this was not stated by the victim.

Mariano said she does not know how the post was sent to her through the Senate reporters’ Viber group.

Speaking on the reported abduction cases, Senate President Vicente C. Sotto III said he is sure the PNP knows what to do.

“The PNP does not need prodding from politicians and armchair critics,” he said.

For her part, Senator Imee R. Marcos wants to be updated by the PNP on this issue as it is making parents deeply concerned.

Marcos issued the statement after the spread of a viral post on social media. Several boys and a girl were seen in seven pictures in the post. They were reportedly kidnapped in different places in Metro Manila last month.

Meanwhile, CCTV footage posted by a Rusty Sablada showed two men pushing a person into a van at the corners of FB Harrison Street and Humildad Street in Pasay City.

Fake or not, Marcos said these incidents should not be shrugged off by the government as they is creating fear among the young, parents, and Filipino families.

“Kailangan aksyunan agad ito ng PNP.  Kailangan ang mabilisang beripikasyon sa mga balita ng pagdukot at magsagawa ng mga preventive measures gaya ng pagdadagdag ng police visibility sa mga lansangan,” she said. (The PNP must act on this at once. These abduction reports must be investigated thoroughly so that authorities can adopt preventive measures such as increased police visibility in the streets.).

“Kailangan din ang matinding information drive ng PNP at mga local na pamahalaan na makatutulong sa mga pamilya kung paano mapananatiling ligtas ang kanilang mga anak,” she pointed out. (There should be an intense information drive by the PNP and local government units to advise families how to keep their children safe.)
“Matinding takot sa mga mag-aaral at mga magulang ang nararanasan ng nasabing mga pagdukot at pagkuha di umano sa mga organs ng mga batang tinangay,” she added. (Students and their parents are fearful of the reported abductions and alleged harvesting of the victims’ organs.)

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2077714,2877508,2877521,2877453,2877466,2877439,2877471]