Robredo says she’s not a threat to government’s anti-drug campaign

Published December 1, 2019, 5:47 PM

by Martin Sadongdong & Antonio Colina

By Raymund Antonio 

Why would I threaten them with the report on the anti-drug campaign?

Such question was raised by Vice President Leni Robredo after several administration officials have taken a defensive stance pending the release of a report about her findings and recommendations on the government’s drug war.

Vice President Leni Robredo (OVP / MANILA BULLETIN)
Vice President Leni Robredo
(OVP / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganoon iyong reaksyon. Parang sinasabi tinatakot ko sila? Bakit ko sila tatakutin, eh iisa lang ako, ang dami-dami nila?” she asked during her Sunday radio show, “BISErbisyong Leni.”

(I don’t know why their reactions are like that. It looked like I’m threatening them? Why would I threaten them, I’m alone, they are so many?)

“Iyong recommendations ko, nakabase sa mga natuklasan na patungkol sa operations ng anti-illegal drugs campaign,” Robredo added.

(My recommendations were based on what had been discovered about the operations on the anti-illegal drugs campaign.)

The Vice President spoke about President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to remove her as co-chair of the Inter-agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD) on November 24. She was fired just 19 days into the job.

A day after Duterte fired her from the post, Robredo said she would disclose to the public her findings and recommendations about the war on illegal drugs during her short stint from the anti-drug body.

While she noted the “excitement” of some officials to hear her report, Robredo deferred its release for the meantime, in support and “deference” to Filipino athletes competing in the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.

Robredo said her report is intended to help improve efforts to solve the drug menace by addressing issues in current practices.

The former drug czar noted that she had submitted her weekly reports to Duterte, which contained details that would disprove his allegations against her.

Among these were the purported failure to reach out to communities and agencies in charge of law enforcement and rehabilitation efforts, as well as her “missteps” such as consulting foreign organizations.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2192745,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,3060643,3060639,3060636,3060626,3060629,3060622]

Robredo says she’s not a threat to government’s anti-drug campaign

Published December 1, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Raymund Antonio 

Why would I threaten them with the report on the anti-drug campaign?

Such question was raised by Vice President Leni Robredo after several administration officials have taken a defensive stance pending the release of a report about her findings and recommendations on the government’s drug war.

Vice President Leni Robredo (OVP / MANILA BULLETIN)
Vice President Leni Robredo
(OVP / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganoon iyong reaksyon. Parang sinasabi tinatakot ko sila? Bakit ko sila tatakutin, eh iisa lang ako, ang dami-dami nila?” she asked during her Sunday radio show, “BISErbisyong Leni.”

(I don’t know why their reactions are like that. It looked like I’m threatening them? Why would I threaten them, I’m alone, they are so many?)

“Iyong recommendations ko, nakabase sa mga natuklasan na patungkol sa operations ng anti-illegal drugs campaign,” Robredo added.

(My recommendations were based on what had been discovered about the operations on the anti-illegal drugs campaign.)

The Vice President spoke about President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to remove her as co-chair of the Inter-agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD) on November 24. She was fired just 19 days into the job.

A day after Duterte fired her from the post, Robredo said she would disclose to the public her findings and recommendations about the war on illegal drugs during her short stint from the anti-drug body.

While she noted the “excitement” of some officials to hear her report, Robredo deferred its release for the meantime, in support and “deference” to Filipino athletes competing in the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games.

Robredo said her report is intended to help improve efforts to solve the drug menace by addressing issues in current practices.

The former drug czar noted that she had submitted her weekly reports to Duterte, which contained details that would disprove his allegations against her.

Among these were the purported failure to reach out to communities and agencies in charge of law enforcement and rehabilitation efforts, as well as her “missteps” such as consulting foreign organizations.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2077825,3060643,3060639,3060636,3060626,3060629,3060622]