Villar vows ‘Build-Use’ will soon take place

Published November 27, 2019, 10:00 PM

by Ellalyn De Vera & Richa Noriega

By Betheena Unite

Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar has vowed that big-ticket projects will be delivered for public use starting next year after President Rodrigo Duterte expressed frustration over the current state of the government’s Build, Build, Build program.

DPWH Secretary Mark Villar (Secretary Mark Villar's Official Facebook Page / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)
DPWH Secretary Mark Villar (Secretary Mark Villar’s Official Facebook Page / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“I want ‘Build-Use, Build-Use, Build-Use. Nothing will happen if we just keep on building,” President Duterte said last week, asking when the public will be benefiting from these infrastructure projects.

“Malapit na (soon),” Villar answered when sought for a reaction to the president’s comment.

The secretary promised that 2020 “will be the banner year” of Build, Build, Build.

“Marami kaming project na matatapos — yung mga big-ticket projects. In fact, sa tingin ko by 2020, 2021 banner year po ng Build, Build, Build. Ang dami naming ide-deliver sa 2020 bago matapos yung term ni Pangulong Duterte (We have many big ticket projects that will be completed. In fact, I think 2020, 2021 will be the banner year of the Build, Build, Build program. We will deliver a lot of projects before President’s term ends),” Villar said.

Villar said a segment of the Central Luzon Link Expressway currently under construction will be opened during the holidays, while a number of major projects in Metro Manila, including the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 and the segment of Harborlink to R10, are expected to be ready by April next year.

The secretary also warned about the inconvenience motorists may encounter during the holidays due to the ongoing works.

“Yung holiday, sa ngayon po mas maraming projects na ginagawa kaya nagkakaroon ng inconvenience, pero asahan niyo po na [sa] 2020, malaki ang magiging improvement dahil sa dami ng projects na ide-deliver (Several projects are under way during the holidays so there will be inconvenience, but expect a big improvement in 2020 as many projects will be delivered),” Villar said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2191408,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2876987,2876964,2876953,2876949,2876946,2876936]

Villar vows ‘Build-Use’ will soon take place

Published November 27, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Betheena Unite

Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar has vowed that big-ticket projects will be delivered for public use starting next year after President Rodrigo Duterte expressed frustration over the current state of the government’s Build, Build, Build program.

DPWH Secretary Mark Villar (Secretary Mark Villar's Official Facebook Page / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)
DPWH Secretary Mark Villar (Secretary Mark Villar’s Official Facebook Page / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“I want ‘Build-Use, Build-Use, Build-Use. Nothing will happen if we just keep on building,” President Duterte said last week, asking when the public will be benefiting from these infrastructure projects.

“Malapit na (soon),” Villar answered when sought for a reaction to the president’s comment.

The secretary promised that 2020 “will be the banner year” of Build, Build, Build.

“Marami kaming project na matatapos — yung mga big-ticket projects. In fact, sa tingin ko by 2020, 2021 banner year po ng Build, Build, Build. Ang dami naming ide-deliver sa 2020 bago matapos yung term ni Pangulong Duterte (We have many big ticket projects that will be completed. In fact, I think 2020, 2021 will be the banner year of the Build, Build, Build program. We will deliver a lot of projects before President’s term ends),” Villar said.

Villar said a segment of the Central Luzon Link Expressway currently under construction will be opened during the holidays, while a number of major projects in Metro Manila, including the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 and the segment of Harborlink to R10, are expected to be ready by April next year.

The secretary also warned about the inconvenience motorists may encounter during the holidays due to the ongoing works.

“Yung holiday, sa ngayon po mas maraming projects na ginagawa kaya nagkakaroon ng inconvenience, pero asahan niyo po na [sa] 2020, malaki ang magiging improvement dahil sa dami ng projects na ide-deliver (Several projects are under way during the holidays so there will be inconvenience, but expect a big improvement in 2020 as many projects will be delivered),” Villar said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2078338,2876953,2876949,2876936,2876933,2876939,2876918]