OWWA, DOLE to provide millions in funds for Cagayan disaster relief

Published November 22, 2019, 5:40 PM

by Francine Ciasico

By Leslie Ann Aquino 

The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) will provide P21.4 million in calamity assistance to families of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) affected by the flooding in Cagayan Province brought about by typhoon Quiel earlier this month.

OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac (Facebook)
OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac (Facebook)

“Per directive of Secretary [Silvestre] Bello, we shall provide calamity assistance to families of active OWWA members in municipalities affected by flooding in Cagayan Province,” OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac said on Twitter.

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is also preparing to provide aid to affected workers.

Labor Secretary Bello said in a recent interview that they will “provide temporary employment to the victims of calamities, like what is happening in Region 2.” Many in the province have been displaced by flashfloods and landslides.

“We have requested for fund support from the Office of the President,” Bello said, in view of the massive damage wrought by the typhoon.”Initially, our assessment is about half a billion pesos. But it could go beyond that.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2189580,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2875165,2875168,2875155,2875146,2875159,2875132]

OWWA, DOLE to provide millions in funds for Cagayan disaster relief

Published November 22, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Leslie Ann Aquino 

The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) will provide P21.4 million in calamity assistance to families of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) affected by the flooding in Cagayan Province brought about by typhoon Quiel earlier this month.

OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac (Facebook)
OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac (Facebook)

“Per directive of Secretary [Silvestre] Bello, we shall provide calamity assistance to families of active OWWA members in municipalities affected by flooding in Cagayan Province,” OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac said on Twitter.

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is also preparing to provide aid to affected workers.

Labor Secretary Bello said in a recent interview that they will “provide temporary employment to the victims of calamities, like what is happening in Region 2.” Many in the province have been displaced by flashfloods and landslides.

“We have requested for fund support from the Office of the President,” Bello said, in view of the massive damage wrought by the typhoon.”Initially, our assessment is about half a billion pesos. But it could go beyond that.”

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2078980,2875172,2875165,2875168,2875159,2875132,2875143]