Forced evacuation ordered on residents in landslide-stricken village in Sarangani

Published November 21, 2019, 11:59 PM

by Ellalyn De Vera & Richa Noriega

By Joseph Jubelag

ALABEL, Sarangani – Local disaster officials have ordered the forced evacuation of some 250 residents in a mountain village here after landslides and tension cracks hit Barangay Pag-asa following the series of earthquakes and aftershocks that jolted several parts of Mindanao last month.

Provincial disaster risk reduction management officer Rene Punzalan said the affected residents were ordered to evacuate after personnel from Mines and Geo-Sciences Bureau had declared the area as a danger zone.

He said MGB personnel conducted an ocular inspection on the site and found out that the tension cracks and landslides with diameters of more than 100 meters had adversely affected the residential houses in the mountain village.

He said the affected residents are presently housed at a public school in nearby Sitio Canaan, Barangay Pag-asa.

Sarangani Gov. Steve Solon has ordered provincial disaster officials to provide relief assistance to the displaced residents.

He also ordered provincial disaster officials to closely monitor the incident to ensure the safety of the affected residents.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2189355,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,3066636,3066628,3066611,3066606,3066618,3066603]

Forced evacuation ordered on residents in landslide-stricken village in Sarangani

Published November 21, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Joseph Jubelag

ALABEL, Sarangani – Local disaster officials have ordered the forced evacuation of some 250 residents in a mountain village here after landslides and tension cracks hit Barangay Pag-asa following the series of earthquakes and aftershocks that jolted several parts of Mindanao last month.

Provincial disaster risk reduction management officer Rene Punzalan said the affected residents were ordered to evacuate after personnel from Mines and Geo-Sciences Bureau had declared the area as a danger zone.

He said MGB personnel conducted an ocular inspection on the site and found out that the tension cracks and landslides with diameters of more than 100 meters had adversely affected the residential houses in the mountain village.

He said the affected residents are presently housed at a public school in nearby Sitio Canaan, Barangay Pag-asa.

Sarangani Gov. Steve Solon has ordered provincial disaster officials to provide relief assistance to the displaced residents.

He also ordered provincial disaster officials to closely monitor the incident to ensure the safety of the affected residents.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2079084,3066636,3066628,3066606,3066603,3066618,3066609]