44 loose firearms turned over to military in Lanao Sur

Published November 21, 2019, 10:07 AM

by AJ Siytangco

By Ali Macabalang

 COTABATO CITY – Officials of Bayang, Lanao del Sur have yielded a total of 44 loose or undocumented firearms to the military in what they described as gesture of support to the campaign of the Duterte administration for a “shift to peaceful life from traditional propensity for feudalist stance.”

(55th Infantry Battalion / MANILA BULLETIN)
(55th Infantry Battalion / MANILA BULLETIN)

Bayang town Mayor Aslani Balt led the turnover of the assorted firearms to the Army’s 55th Infantry battalion in formal ceremony on Monday, Nov. 18, according to Lt. Col. Ian Ignes, battalion commander.

“This (turnover rite) symbolized our manifest cooperation with peacekeeping authorities, especially with the stride for peaceful governance espoused by President Rodrigo Duterte,” Col. Ignes quoted the mayor as saying in a report he submitted to the military hierarchy.

Ignes said the 44 undocumented firearms included 27 Caliber .45 pistols, a Garand, an M-653 bushmaster, two M79 grenade launchers, two M-203 tube, two homemade Uzi sub-machineguns, five Caliber .38 revolvers, a 380 pistol, a 9mm pistol, an M16 rifle, and a 50 caliber sniper rifle.

He said Mayor Balt, younger brother of National Commission on Muslim Filipino Secretary Saidamen Balt Pangarungan, gathered the undocumented firearms from his constituents and other residents from adjacent towns.

He urged other Meranao people to cooperate and support the authorities in the campaign against the proliferation of firearms in their communities.

“Concerted efforts and intensified collaboration among our troops, the communities, local chief executives, and other stakeholders resulted in this remarkable accomplishment,” Col. Jose Maria Cuerpo II, 103rd Infantry Brigade head, said in a report to the Western Mindanao Command (WMC).

Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, WMC chief, said Monday’s ceremony was the latest of a chain of turnovers of loose guns he had facilitated since his stint last year with the Maguindanao-based Army’s 6th Infantry Division.

“Through this campaign against loose firearms, we will be able to end terrorism and other criminalities such as clan wars by disarming armed groups in our area of operation,” Sobejana said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news"]
[2189090,2814292,2534630,2485825,2408462,2358243,2358052,2344118,2339143,2047660,1998697,996820,995332,995948,995006,994327,994303,993947,993860,993770,993529,993383,993285,798318,2881102,2881112,2881094,2881088,2881097,2881082]

44 loose firearms turned over to military in Lanao Sur

Published November 21, 2019, 12:00 AM

by manilabulletin_admin

By Ali Macabalang

 COTABATO CITY – Officials of Bayang, Lanao del Sur have yielded a total of 44 loose or undocumented firearms to the military in what they described as gesture of support to the campaign of the Duterte administration for a “shift to peaceful life from traditional propensity for feudalist stance.”

(55th Infantry Battalion / MANILA BULLETIN)
(55th Infantry Battalion / MANILA BULLETIN)

Bayang town Mayor Aslani Balt led the turnover of the assorted firearms to the Army’s 55th Infantry battalion in formal ceremony on Monday, Nov. 18, according to Lt. Col. Ian Ignes, battalion commander.

“This (turnover rite) symbolized our manifest cooperation with peacekeeping authorities, especially with the stride for peaceful governance espoused by President Rodrigo Duterte,” Col. Ignes quoted the mayor as saying in a report he submitted to the military hierarchy.

Ignes said the 44 undocumented firearms included 27 Caliber .45 pistols, a Garand, an M-653 bushmaster, two M79 grenade launchers, two M-203 tube, two homemade Uzi sub-machineguns, five Caliber .38 revolvers, a 380 pistol, a 9mm pistol, an M16 rifle, and a 50 caliber sniper rifle.

He said Mayor Balt, younger brother of National Commission on Muslim Filipino Secretary Saidamen Balt Pangarungan, gathered the undocumented firearms from his constituents and other residents from adjacent towns.

He urged other Meranao people to cooperate and support the authorities in the campaign against the proliferation of firearms in their communities.

“Concerted efforts and intensified collaboration among our troops, the communities, local chief executives, and other stakeholders resulted in this remarkable accomplishment,” Col. Jose Maria Cuerpo II, 103rd Infantry Brigade head, said in a report to the Western Mindanao Command (WMC).

Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, WMC chief, said Monday’s ceremony was the latest of a chain of turnovers of loose guns he had facilitated since his stint last year with the Maguindanao-based Army’s 6th Infantry Division.

“Through this campaign against loose firearms, we will be able to end terrorism and other criminalities such as clan wars by disarming armed groups in our area of operation,” Sobejana said.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["news","news"]
[2079187,2881102,2881094,2881097,2881077,2881091,2881064]